Established in 1906, Kudat Golf Club is the oldest golf club in Sabah, Malaysia. It is located in the town of Kudat, on the tip of Borneo, 160 kilometers from Kota Kinabalu. When it first opened, the original 9-hole golf course was famously affiliated with St Andrews in Scotland. In 2002, the course was upgraded and turned into an 18-hole, par-72 layout.
The newer front nine are laid out around Maruda Bay, providing great views, but also the challenge of prevailing sea winds. Fairways are seeded with Bermuda and most holes feature water hazards and large bunkers. The back nine are the original 9 holes of the course and whilst wooded and mature, they are also surrounded by roads and residential buildings. Particularly memorable is hole 4 which requires a shot over an office building in order to reach the green in one. Carts are not available at Kudat Golf Club as it is a walking only course.
Facilities include accommodation and full practice facilities. Hole 10 hole is floodlit at night and converted into a driving range. The clubhouse is also situated on hole 10, however for a full-service restaurant, you will be directed towards neighboring Marina Resort Kudat, where local seafood dishes come highly recommended.